Symmetry in Sura al-Qalam

I have discovered a chiastic structure in Sura al-Qalam.

After discovering this symmetry, I found out that Carl Ernst had already noticed that the sura has some symmetry, but he found a general thematic symmetry, while I found symmetry on another level, a more specific level. This sura thus seems to have two levels of symmetry. The level he discovered has three parts (debate; story; debate), while the level I discovered has 29 parts.

Here is my rhetorical analysis:




Comments

  1. As-Salaam 'alaykum,

    My name is Munir and I run a blog called Heavenly Order (heavenlyorder.substack.com) where I explore the structuring of the suwar of the Quran. Someone just send me a link to your blog, and I was wondering if you had more research than the ones posted on your intro page?

    Someone actually sent me a screenshot of your structure above, which I converted into a post (https://heavenlyorder.substack.com/p/surah-al-qalam), but I couldn't credit you because I didnt you know your name! I would love to connect.

    you can reach me at heavenlyorder.blog@gmail.com

    Barak Allah feek

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog